We thoroughly check all steering, suspension, brakes, exhaust system and underbody components, with every service.
The reason we carry out all those checks, is to accurately monitor the condition of your vehicle. This preventative maintenance will save you money in the long run because underlying problems are spotted before they have the chance to cause a breakdown, or even worse, an accident.
We may contact you recommending we replace some parts earlier than required according to your log book service schedule due to the fact that Manufacturer’s service and parts replacement intervals are generalised, and of course don’t take into account the individual needs of a particular vehicle due to varying operating conditions.
We only replace parts that require replacing.
If you don’t want all these additions to your service then please let us know. Upon request we can just do a basic oil change, minor service, or whatever is specific to your needs.
- During every service, your vehicle exhaust gas is analysed to ensure your engine is running at optimum levels for both performance and economy, as well as helping protect our precious environment from excess emissions.
- If your vehicle’s exhaust gas emissions are outside optimum levels, we will inform you of this before further investigating the problem.
- Incorrect gas levels usually indicate a problem within your vehicle’s Engine Management System, and as a result, can cost you money at the fuel bowser and/or lead to costly future repairs if the problem is left unresolved.
- We include a printed report from our Gas Analyser every service.
- Please be aware that very few workshops are equipped with an exhaust gas analyser due to the high cost of such equipment.
Modern vehicles are equipped with many electronic modules (computers) which monitor and control your engine, antilock braking systems, air bags, climate control and body control systems. (and more).
These systems incorporate fault logging. This means, if there is (or has been) a problem in the monitored components, these faults are recorded for later extraction and to alert and aid the Technician in fault diagnosis, and very often act as an early warning to a possible breakdown. We have several scan tools in our workshop, and we utilise them to check, report and erase these “Fault Codes” every service.
To answer a common question posed by our valued customers, “What’s included in a general service?” the following list may assist:
Included in a ‘General Service’ at Synergy Automotive:
- Change engine oil & filter, replace drain plug washer.
- Check & replenish all levels including gearbox & differentials.
- Check all lights & instruments. Check/replace wiper blade inserts.
- Add windscreen washer additive.
- Check & clean battery terminals. Load test battery. Check alternator charge rate.
- Check/clean air filter.
- Clean throttle body.
- Check all belts & hoses.
- Check tyres & adjust pressures.
- Lubricate door & bonnet hinges & latches.
- Check steering & suspension components.
- Check/adjust all brakes & handbrake.
- Check exhaust system & underbody of vehicle. Grease all grease points.
- Check towing attachment. (If applicable)
- Full scan tool code test.
- Exhaust gas analysis.
- Road test vehicle.
Click here to make a booking enquiry.